Desperate for a huge debut week with M.D.N.A - Pop Overdose
Pop Overdose > The Music Fix > General Music News > Desperate for a huge debut week with M.D.N.A
Login to PopOverdose
Welcome to PopOverdose, you're number one website for pop music, culture and downloads. Why not register today and get exclusive access to all our wonderful features we have on offer. With over 37,000 members, there's plenty place for discussion. So join today.

♔Godney♔
Godneys Briciple

279 Posts
02-20-2012 #1
Default Desperate for a huge debut week with M.D.N.A
"The tour will support Madonna's 12th studio album, MDNA, which drops March 26. Every concert ticket for M's tour will also purchase a copy of the album, a move that helped Prince significantly goose the sales of his hit 2004 album Musicology. Not that she needs a ton of help there following her appearance at the Super Bowl, which pulled in 112.6 million viewers, and the massive rollout behind her new single, "Give Me All Your Luvin," pre-orders of MDNA pushed the record to #1 on iTunes album chart in 50 countries, giving Madonna the biggest single-day pre-order in iTunes history and helping her single to a #13 debut (her 56th Billboard Hot 100 appearance)."

[You must be registered to view links]

Shes giving out her album for free with each sale of a concert ticket :icant:

so desperate for a hit album, I can't...

amir

02-20-2012 #2
i mean, it's not really 'free' you're still paying for a ticket which is way more than an album

seb

02-20-2012 #3
whatever

that's cool, getting a free album with a concert ticket
if gaga did that i'd be bowing

Alejandro
Elite Member

8,953 Posts
02-20-2012 #4
tl;dr

but if she is giving out her album for free I guess those are not sales which really count for increasing album sales for he debu week or for anyhing other thing.

♔Godney♔
Godneys Briciple

279 Posts
02-20-2012 #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecstasy View Post
i mean, it's not really 'free' you're still paying for a ticket which is way more than an album
well yes, but it is going to be counted as "free" if the sales report of albums is given to Billboard. Billboard won't count them. They have chmaged alot of rules after BTW and her 99c tactic, and 2nd week $3.49 tactic.

Bad Influence
✗tina

1,913 Posts
02-20-2012 #6
I'm so curious for opening numbers.

♔Godney♔
Godneys Briciple

279 Posts
02-20-2012 #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejandro View Post
tl;dr

but if she is giving out her album for free I guess those are not sales which really count for increasing album sales for he debu week or for anyhing other thing.

idek.

Her team must be playing some loopholes in the BB rules like Lady Gagas did with BTW.

amir

02-20-2012 #8
idgi billboard or anything like that :shout:

Navy
:-)

02-20-2012 #9
it wont count towards BB, will it? i'm sure they changed their regulations a few months back which required the album to be above a certain price to count towards chartings.

♔Godney♔
Godneys Briciple

279 Posts
02-20-2012 #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy View Post
it wont count towards BB, will it? i'm sure they changed their regulations a few months back which required the album to be above a certain price to count towards chartings.
idk. But Madonna's team is not stupid enough to give anything away for free. They must have found a loophole in the BB sales policy thing. IDK. All i know is shes going full force. All her USA tickets are sold out. Shes selling out Arenas, and Stadiums that can fill like 80,000 people. All those album giveaways are going to be atleast 700k -> In America.